"We are going to start to cook a lot with families, (like desserts, etc) because it’s fun to do and they really like it. (Pierce used to work/cook at Carrabbas) We also had a ward family night last week. Basically to get to know each other better. That went really well. A lot of people showed up. (Including the investigators)"
"Elder O and I get along really well. I guess I didn't really notice how bad it was before until this past week. A lot of members were like "Wow you do talk and aren't quiet!" "
"It's amazing how some missionaries don't get that you CAN have fun AND be obedient!"
"Elder O and I have been doing a lot of experiments with food. We do that for lunch basically. (They don't have a mamita that cooks for them) but we don’t have an oven, so we have to use other peoples. We made tortilla chips the other day. Don't know if you have a recipe for salsa? We’re going to make them with C and K tonight. (An investigator family) Then after, we’ll probably make pizza pockets. (make dough, put stuff in it and then deep fry it) So it should be good. Hopefully O and I are companions for awhile!"
"We have set a goal for/with K. She’s married to someone else, so we have to see a DIVORCE! It’s weird to be excited about, but it has to happen. Other than that, she's progressing really well."
"We started to paint our house. We’re going to do some more improvements tomorrow. The kitchen is horrible! Still no oven either. "
"It’s getting colder and colder every week, but I guess July is the coldest/worst."
"All we eat here is chicken, bread and rice. The bread destroys a person! It’s actually really good. It’s really dense and filling. Some people lose a lot of weight here and others gain a lot. The water isn't safe to drink really, so everyone drinks soda. It’s not as bad here as it was in Arica though."
"The guy who tried to commit suicide is doing good. His mom is doing better too."
"There are only 2 sisters in our zone, and both are from from Mesa. But I have to go. Love you guys."
No comments:
Post a Comment