Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Monday, April 21, 2014

Missionary life is awesome!

Pierce is finally progressing again and loving missionary life again with his new companion.  He is doing GREAT with Elder O.  That's all I'm going to say about that......

Here are a few excerpts from today's email:  Still no camera....  :(

"We went to Huasco with Claudio y Karen today, like a little family trip with them. He wants to stop smoking now, so we are working with him with that. " 

"Also had interviews with President and that was good... He even came to our branch on Sunday because our branch is growing so fast.   We showed him again that we now have 94 people at church VS the 50 that we had when I first got here.  Things are going well!"

"Elder O and I get along really really well, so that's always good.  We think alike and don't get over-stressed about dumb things, it's good.  We sang last Thursday in English at a talent show.  We sang A Tarzan song, “You'll b e in my heart” or something like that."  

"Nothing too crazy has happened, except  the dogs have been trying to attack us lately.   I've almost  been bit a few times.  

" I basically came to Chile, loving the people, but man is it so much easier to have fun with them too, when your comp is cool.  I've missed that comradery these last couple months.  It makes everything better, and we can help the people so much more."

"For Easter we made pancakes and that’s about the extent of it. "


 




No comments:

Post a Comment