Sorry this post is late. I've been in Texas visiting family for the past week.
Elder McMullan is doing great. Here are some excerpts and pics from this weeks email:
"Things
are improving with "P". (His comp)
"It's been 5 weeks here in my new area already! 8.8 months in the mission total! "P" might leave in a week, but I doubt it."
"This week we went to our Ward Mission Leaders house, because
I basically ran out of ideas. Turns out
no missionary has gone by his home and visited he and his family for years. He's been a member for 30 years and was
district president at 23 years old. (Basically stake president) When I first got here, the branch had 60
people. In 4 weeks, we have 80 active. He said the same thing has happened over and
over again. The branches begin to exponentially grow, then pride sets in or
something, and not little by little,…but almost immediately, (in about one month) nobody is active. He has
seen our branch have 150 people then go to 6 active members (plus the
missionaries) in less than 8 weeks. He
says it’s because of people turning against each other. Compare it to the Nephites. He says it’s happened countless times in the
past 30 years. He told us to brace ourselves,
because there has been growth. He said
the the fall is coming…. Hopefully it doesn't! "
"General Conference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love General Conference!!! Something is going to change I can feel
it. Maybe China is going to open?? "
8.8 Months in the mission!
"I got fancy when I discovered Dr. Pepper here." (No, he doesn't wear that tie normally and yes, soda is all they have there) Oh, how I miss this goof!!!
"The Mist" (right outside his house)
They went to Huasco for P-day. (It's about an hour from where he is)
A random river by the ocean
Huasco. (And apparently his favorite pose)
Huasco from afar
Awesome Shark BBall court












No comments:
Post a Comment