Here are the excerpts form his emails:
" My new Comp, "O" is really cool. He says "eh" and stuff just like a Canadian. He’s a worker, which is great. He looks sort of like Bruno Mars, but reminds me a lot of Chris L actually, so we get along really well. Not to mention speaking English has been cool for the first time in a long time!"
"Our lessons with Danisa are going really good! Here’s the back story on her: So Danisa has a son named Diego (now 16) who wanted to hear the missionaries. Her husband wouldn't let them in the house, so they taught him down the street on a flight of stairs. After a year or so , the parents let him get baptized, and his younger brother too. Both were really active. Then his aunt asked him about it and she and her whole family got baptized. Then his grandma, great grandma and all his cousins that could. Now his mom and Dad are the only ones left. His dad is cool with us now, and Danisa knows the church is true but she wants to get baptized with her husband, so it's complicated. He works in Antofagasta in a mine and works 14 days, 7 off and is 12 hours away."
"We went to a party at a member’s house. (The house we built) They invited everyone over who helped build it. We ate food and stuff and a lot of the ward was there."
"I actually met an albino guy yesterday, whiter than me! Didn't think it was possible, but it
happened!"
"We are in the process of painting our house and other stuff. The roof is good now. We need to replace the window though. Surprisingly, no spiders recently."
"The people here never think I'm American. They usually think I’m German, Irish (He is!) or Canadian. And now it's funny because the brown guy is the Canadian."
"We have been working with some less actives that haven’t been to church in years. They are making goals to come back, so that's good!"
"The people here never think I'm American. They usually think I’m German, Irish (He is!) or Canadian. And now it's funny because the brown guy is the Canadian."
" We went to a less active ladies house and she was crying and stuff. Turns out her drug addict son tried to commit suicide, and she walked in on him. He had basically sliced his wrist, stomach, and shoulder and had jammed the knife directly into his chest. She ripped it out! He's in the hospital and still alive but that family is not doing very good right now."
"In
other news, Elder "P" called me and it was so weird. I tried to be friends with him, but he kept
it all business like. But with
others, he was really cool and had a lot of friends. I really think he had an issue with me being a gringo. We didn't really understand each other
either. He made things so much more
complex, and I didn't stress out like he did.
He always said weird stuff, like
one time, we were walking and some girls yelled at me. They said something like “we want the blond
to come over here”, and “I want gringo babies” and crazy stuff like that. I just
waved and we went down the other street.
Then he was like "I want to go back, this is such a temptation!"
And I was like, “Dude, what are you talking about?!”
Elder McMullan and his new Companion,. MIB
The house they helped build!
Elder McMullan with his new Albino friend. Together at last!!


No comments:
Post a Comment