I can't believe Elder McMullan only has 6 more weeks in Chile! I for one, am ready to get him back! He's ready, but feeling a mix of emotions. He's certainly had his challenges in the past 2 years, but I know he is grateful for them. I've been amazed at how he's handled tough situations. I've actually learned a lot from him. He's learned things there, that he never would have learned anywhere else. I don't know that you could ever put a price on that education!
Here are a few excerpts from yesterday's email:
"Elder R was
transferred to Arica, annnnnndddd I got something I wasn't really expecting. A
BRAZILIAN! I had already met him in
Arica. He’s
brand new, just finished training and yea he seems obedient. He talks about
disobedience like it’s a bad thing…, good sign good sign. His name is Elder Santos. He’s from the
northeast of Brazil. Cool guy. He speaks good Spanish. (Portuguese is his first language) I’m excited."
"We said goodbye to Elder
Dutson this morning at 2 am...... fun fun fun. It’s weird to think that in 6 weeks that’ll
be...*gulp* me."
"There are so many distractions
of the world. A TON of them.
From things as small as Facebook, to things like sports stations and
computer/video games. That’s what
happens mostly to people, they get sucked in real easily to some dumb thing or
a bunch of little things…., and then boom inactive, or maybe not even inactive
because I KNOW that many active members, (the people who go to church
every Sunday), I’d bet like 30% read their scriptures on a daily basis. Or
am I wrong? I’ve already decided to only
do things that coordinate with our beliefs as members of the church, because it is really easy to get sucked into the world. Really fast. In some way or form it will draw your
attention."
The last P-day with Elder Dutson
Cookout on Memorial Day
No comments:
Post a Comment