Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Monday, June 8, 2015

Little time...equals little emails.....

It seems the closer it is to Pierce coming home, (in case you're wondering..., it's 36 DAYS)  the less detailed his letters are?  I didn't think it was possible to get any more vague.  I love that boy..., with or without the flowery - detailed emails!  Besides, he makes up for it with pictures! I only put a fraction of what he sends here on the blog. :)

Here are a few excerpts from today's email:

"So this week we did some stuff and we had like 30 people tell us they would go to church.  Then like... nobody showed up!  We did go around to everyone’s door.., but nobody answered.  WELL THEN. I really thought they would too."

"Elder S is really great. He’s really animated about Baptism and getting people to change, so that’s good. It’s so weird because he reminds me so much of Blake!"  

"We also, if you don’t know, have a baptism in limbo basically... ANY MOMENT NOW. We have everything except ..haha...the person!  Doris is ready to be baptized and everything but she needed to go to Santiago for health reasons.  She didn’t have the money to go, but she prayed and some random friend of hers called the same day and said " I hear you need to go to Santiago" and she said yes, not ever mentioning it to him.  It turns out he bought the plane tickets and everything.  She left last week.  She called us yesterday and asked where a church was in Santiago, since she has to stay ANOTHER week because she is worse than the doctors thought.  Please pray for her.  She has anesthesia in her blood so she can faint at any moment. "

"Also are you still knitting? They sell Alpaca yarn here.  I thought it’d be cool for you."  




"Keeping it Classy."  Elder McMullan and his new Companion, Elder S.  




They helped these people (members? inactives? investigators?) last week.  Helped with ???  Not sure.


Here they are holding up a sketchy ladder.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment