He sent so many pics (44) that he didn't have much time to write! He knows how I LOVE pics! These are only the beginning, since Lago Chungara is a big BEAUTIFUL place. He sent a ton the last time he went there too, (1 1/2 years ago) but so far I've seen a lot of new things! He said he has a lot to send next week too. Yay!
Lake Chungara is the 10th highest lake in all of South America. It's approximately 15,000 feet high! It's the 29th highest in the world! Many people get altitude sickness when they visit it. For some reason, Pierce does not. (We don't live in a high altitude place, so I don't get it??)
Here are a FEW snippets from today's email:
"The members we live with don’t really feed us, but they really do want me to get fatter. I feel like I’m losing weight and gaining it at the same time... don’t know if that makes sense at all, but it does to me. "
"This week, we found a really good family! I really feel like they’ll progress well. We just gotta GET PEOPLE TO DO THEIR COMMITMENTS. With some of our investigators, I feel bad but we have to say like "chau" for now, since they aren't progressing at all. We've tried so hard!"
"That’s sweet that Joshua got his call, hopefully he’ll like it. English speaking? August 5…, man that’s soon actually...weird to think about!"
"Today we went to Lago Chungara again! Elder V passed out in the bathroom! Don’t know how…, and this other guy started, no wait 2 guys started barfing. Didn't see anyone actually get sick the last time I went, they just lied down. But it was AWESOME to go there and see green again!"
"Tell Matt great work for employee of the
month! Woo hoo!"
On the road to Lago Chungara
" "
Snow in the distance
More snow
"Putre, a little town that's technically in our ward boundaries"
Putre
"I'm squinting in every picture."
"More Putre "
Llamas
"A squirrel, rabbit, chinchilla, kangaroo critter. (So basically a Pokemon) "
Coca, a drink for the altitude sickness?
No comments:
Post a Comment