Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Monday, April 6, 2015

DOUBLE DIGITS!! (99 DAYS until he's home!!!)

I have an app on my phone that alerted me that Pierce will be home in 99 days!  It feels so good to be on the home stretch!  I feel bad that he's losing weight!  He's always been thin.., so he can't afford to lose weight!  I'm so happy he's living with members who look out for him.  :)  

Here are a few excerpts from today's email:  

"So long story short… I hate moving in the mission, but we had to.  Basically, there were some problems in another sector so they had to move into our old place.  We now live with an older couple who’s SO NICE!  They always feel so bad because I think I’m losing more and more weight.  I’m almost never hungry in the morning, and they always ask what I ate.  Whenever  they see me eating,  they always throw  more food at me because they feel like I don’t eat enough.  It’s like having parents watching over you again, which is weird, but it’s good."

"We are using that “Gracias a que Él vive”  video....,.“Because He lives.”  It’s really going well. I just feel so bad when people reject us so hard.   Elder V and I were writing it in chalk on the street to attract people and some kid came over and asked, what is it going to say? ( because we hadn't finished writing it yet)  His father said, “don’t listen to them, they are false. “   “Tell me”,  the kid said, “are you false?”  I said no, and the dad said “yes they are, let’s go!”  And they left right in front of the video playing of Jesus. It's hard when people make it harder, or even sometimes impossible for somebody else to hear the gospel. I know everyone gets a time one way or another but still , it’d be better to hear it while you're younger." 

"The Testigos de Jehova told me that we should never be celebrating a thing like Easter, and then walked away. I feel bad for them, they don’t know and they usually won’t even listen. If only they could FEEL the difference they would change. We really are all the prodigal son aren’t we? Just on a different part of the path and we are all SUPPOSED to make it back."

"The talks were great at general conference!  A lot  about testimony and marriage." 




He's missed BBQ sauce something fierce since being in Chile.  We sent some in his last package. 


"We made these right before we moved." 


"The view from our new place"


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment