Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Monday, December 1, 2014

"Vi una columna de luz..."

This was another great week for Pierce.  Not that it was easier, but I continue to see SO MUCH growth in him!  For one, he is exercising a lot more faith.  He had some incredible experiences this week.  My heart is so full, reading about them.  Through the tough times, the rejections, the disappointments and the sadness of the people, he is being comforted by his Heavenly Father.  He makes his presence known to Pierce at all times.  There have been multiple confirmations made known to Elder McMullan, that what he is doing/preaching there is indeed, HIS work!  It's real and it's important work! Pierce is so blessed to have the opportunity to continue to be an instrument in His hands for the next 7 months.

Some excerpts from today's email:

"We have an "atheist" investigator and he prayed for us.  Honestly, he’s the best Christian I've met in a long time haha. He’s read the Bible and believes it’s good.  We just need to make him realize that he IS a believer in God. "

"Also this week, I made a promise, A PROMISE to a less active, that he would catch enough fish on Saturday that he would have enough money for the week  and not have to work on Sunday, so he could go to church.  He DIDN’T go to church, but we found him in the street and he said,  "You were right Elder!  I didn’t need to work on Sunday!  I caught more fish than I have in a LONG time on Saturday!" HHMMMM… WHY DIDNT YOU COME TO CHURCH THEN? sigh...."

"Also this week, I saw a 6 year old girl cleaning up the beer cans and vodka bottles from her parents who were partying the night before.   (They were incapacitated outside.)  I’ll say the same thing, Thank you for being good parents!   NOBODY should be exposed to that so young."

"This past week we were practicing teaching the lessons. (We practice sometimes)  We usually skip the first vision lesson if we are just practicing,  but my comp  wanted me to say it, so I started,  "Vi una columna de luz..." ("I saw a pillar of light")  and LITERALLY, as soon as I said it, the clouds opened up right then and light shoned down directly on us!  That’s like the 2nd time that’s happened to me, here on the mission."
  
"OH MY GAD.... lessons at church.  Our ward mission leader always tells the most horrible cheesy jokes.  He can’t be serious. EVER.  He’s awesome though.  He was teaching a lesson in church about the 12 tribes of Israel, and he got to "Gad" and was like "With reason, the people in the US always say Oh my Gad! They’re probably from the tribe of Gad" *facepalm* uhhhhh"

"Crazy thing happened this week.  We have an  investigator,  that when you call him, while waiting for him to answer, the song “Back in black” from ACDC plays. We called him and somehow that song passed to our phone...... and we can’t get it off either! My comp is freaking out more than ever.  So that happened…, whatever don’t know how it happened??





No comments:

Post a Comment