Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Monday, December 8, 2014

"I'm turning into a Latino!"

Another great week for Elder McMullan.  He's seen a lot of miracles happen there in that beautiful little town, in a short amount of time.

Here are some excerpts from today's email:

"This week I went to Baquedano for an intercambio (exchanges) and it was cool seeing old friends and stuff.  Claudio and Karen weren't home though which stunk, but eh.  I did email them though, so we are in contact." (his investigators from Vallenar)

"The day I went to Baquedano, Karen (an investigator) told Elder P that she prayed about the Book of Mormon and got her answer that it was true.  He then asked if she would get baptized.  She said NO. Ehhhhhh!  Then they went to knock on a door because he said the Christmas tree was cool.  They were going to give them the "He is the gift" video, and they lady was like "Your church is true".....¿¿¿¿¿¡¡¡¡¡QUÉ!!!!!!?????   That NEVER HAS HAPPENED.  So now we have another new investigator.  Man,  the ward is  praying for us and we are finding a lot of people!  5 just this week."

"Another day this week, we went to get on  a micro,  (a bus thing) and they refused to let us on..... then another one wouldn’t let us off at our stop.  While I was paying him he went like 2 miles past our destination.  Then  he told me, “hey at least you Mormons like to walk!” and started to laugh.  My comp got really mad and depressed the rest of the day. I don’t know, but I don’t get mad when people do that stuff.  We had to walk for a while to get back but it really doesn't bother me.  Just like yesterday,  we went to EVERY investigators house with a member to pick them up for Church and THEY ALL SAID NO.  We tried everything but we couldn't get them to come to church.  I tried is how I think. My comp always gets mad though."

"I've been reading/listening to the Book of  Mormon in Portuguese.  It’s really easy actually to understand." 

"I’m turning into a Latino, because man, am I forgetting English!  Someone asked me to translate something, and like I couldn't think of it. But eh.  My comp is driving me crazy.  I’m just trying to stay sane.  Oh and my camera died, so I'm getting a new one from Santiago I think.




Yep, this is an old pic, but I miss seeing him!

No comments:

Post a Comment