Here are a few excerpts from Elder McMullan's email today:
"The baptism of Angie went really well. The last few days there were rumors that she was back with her old boyfriend and stuff, but she isn't, so that’s good!"
"The interview with the President was good. He came out straight forward with everyone and said, " I'm here to help you guys. Hermana Dalton and I, are here to help you with your problems and answer questions. Confide in us, because we confide in you." Then he said something like "We want your missions to be a change in your life that you can benefit from forever and really see blessings!" Stuff like that. So…, I went in there with an idea, but didn't say anything I had thought of before. It wasn't worth it. I don’t know if I've ever told you this about the branch...., but like 75% of the branch didn't sustain the branch president. They don't like him for various reasons. In the past few weeks, we've just been hearing members complain and complain about him, and it’s annoying. When I got in there to talk to him, I asked him what to do. We usually just change the subject when they complain, but I want to get the hate out of them! He told me that’s a way for Satan to get to the missionaries. He already has them stirred up in contention, so the only thing now is for him to use that hate and contention to bring other people down. He told us not go by their houses, that it would be a waste of our time. He said other stuff too. It was good…, and short."
"WOW mom, don’t even talk about marriage. Even though that dang book convinced me to want to get married. No, it’s not that I never wanted to get married, I just didn't think or care about it at the moment. Then I read Miracle of Forgiveness.... Gotta do it. "
Elder McMullan, Angie and Elder Ruano
Elder McMullan, Gary (Angie's friend), Angie and Elder R
Angie and her sister
Various members of the branch.
"This is called Starving Missionary. Rice with Mayo.., yep, I'm turning into a monster."
No comments:
Post a Comment