Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Elder McMullan didn't have much to say this week.  It was a rough week trying to get into homes with it being the biggest party week of the year in Chile!

Here are a couple excerpts from his email:

"This past week was 18 of September, which is basically, their 4th of July. This year was WAY lame compared to last year.  Last year, people were home and invited us over and stuff.   This year, my whole sector was a ghost town.  NOBODY in the streets.  All the members left.   Over 50 people left from the branch, all from my sector."

"We did find 4 puppies one day..., then the next day there were 3.  They were EATING the 4th one. CANNIBAL PUPPIES! "
 
 "We've been trying to contact all the old investigators and we've found a few so we’ll see what happens with them. The people here say "I would go to church but I like to sleep in. God understands that I need to sleep." I've heard that one like 1 million times in the time I've been in Chile."


No comments:

Post a Comment