Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

13 MONTHS, Meat Volcanoes and Mexican food!

Here are some excerpts from Elder McMullan's email this week:

  "We are teaching a lot of people, but nobody is really progressing too great at the momento.  I really like Ecuadorians!  They’re really cool and humble people.   We are teaching a few families from Ecuador now.  This is the first place people have REALLY brought out the Bible to use it to bash with us.  One of the families, Jazmín and her husband, love to bash.  They are 7th day Adventists.   I'm not really good at doing things on a whim in Spanish, especially.  The English Bible is soooo much better. The topical guide saves lives. Guess what….. it doesn’t exist in the Spanish Bible . Sooo, it makes life a little difficult at the moment.  Anyhow, I’m studying it again like crazy"

"In other news…… 13 months!!!   I really WOULD LOVE to be able to walk out the door and take a nice long walk by myself.  I have never missed being alone so much.  Ever.  In my life.  It’s starting to get to me a little bit."
 
"The dogs here are really, really, diseased.   Most of them have these “meat volcanoes,” I like to call them.  Basically, some random lump that has ripped open the skin to an open oozing wound. Let me say that again…., OPEN OOZING WOUND.  It’s from all the contamination here I think. We live by a copper cleaning plant and there’s this nice thick layer of fog in the morning, only it’s not fog,  It’s contaminated smoke from the factory." 

"Hey along with those other books I asked for, could you please send me "Mormon Doctrine" by Bruce R. McConkie and "A Marvelous Work and Wonder" by some other apostle. I use the scriptures, but those books are also good to study.  They help explain things on a more basic level to those we teach.  If you could send me some of those if you find them, that’d be SWEET!"

"I had a burrito at this Mexican restaurant. It was amazing!  Probably one of the most trunkie moments of the mission! "



 

No comments:

Post a Comment