Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Monday, January 5, 2015

Another week, chicken and companion (almost) down!

We found out via Skype on Christmas, that Elder McMullan is apparently making all kinds of new rules for the mission.  No more using heavy machinery, (Once on P-day, he jack-hammered a huge hole for an investigator building his house.  The man spent his months salary on renting it, then got called into work.)  No more roofing, (apparently they helped roof someone's house once? Never heard about that one) and perhaps soon, there will be no more killing innocent poultry??  I can't remember if there is a no tilling farm-land rule now??  He just may be the only Elder disappointed about those new rules?  I completely see the wisdom in them, (so does he) but I also love that Pierce jumps at the chance to serve.  (Even though, thinking it through first, would be wise!)  For the record, the no playing sports rule is NOT his fault.  He's pretty bummed about that one too.

Pierce also sent us that amazing recipe for Banana bread/carrot cake deliciousness he made last week! Kind of funny that he's sending ME recipes.  :)

Here are few excerpts from today's email:  

"Our investigator, V is progressing great basically!  She agrees with everything we teach her.  The law of chastity, she said was obvious, and tithing she said, makes sense." 

"Well.., one more dead chicken.   We killed one for New Years.  Don’t know if there’s a rule for that?  I  couldn't find it, but the Hermana wanted us to do it, so we did.  We had to go to their house early anyways.  There was like no meat so we made the cookies too."

"Elder P and I are starting a diet thing.   He wants to lose weight and I want to gain weight.  We are eating better and running every day now."  

"Oh my,  Elder P is losing it finally.  Just like all the missionaries I've ever been around that are "dying."  It’s so funny, there was a kid the other day in the road on  a skateboard.  He was just learning. (or, at least I hope so) The word they use here in Chile is "eskat" (skate) like the exact same as English.   Elder P was like "Hey are you learning to ride your motorcycle?" The 2 of us, me and the kid, just looked at him like "what?" Then he tried to correct himself and said moped.   Then we all started laughing.  The mind just starts to deteriorate little by little at the end."

"Yesterday, this missionary who got home in May, brought his fiancé to church and they were.. kissing in SUNDAY SCHOOL!  YOU DON'T DO THAT.  They sat RIGHT in front of Elder P and he was like oh my gosh.., WHY ME?!" 

"Mom you KNOW me, I’m cheaper than Mr. Krabbs, but it (belt) should break any day now I think, but until then I'm using it! ahahahahahahaha."




Elder P and Elder McMullan.  Eating their cookies /side dish  


Headless chicken :(  It's what's for dinner.





Yum :/



No comments:

Post a Comment