Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Monday, March 3, 2014

Spiders and adjusting to a new Area.....

We finally got some pics from Pierce today!  Although, they were all from Arica. (His last area)  He said he has a ton more to send, but they take 5 mins for 1 pic to upload...... :(  I suppose we'll get them sooner or later....

He seems to love the green and the cooler temps down South, but seems to be missing the comradery he had with the Elders in Arica.  He lives alone with his Comp now.  Here are some excerpts from today's email:

"This city has 3 branches, that's how small it is. We have like 50 active members and a really good mission plan now."

"The house is really old and sketchy.  There are spiders everywhere and holes in the ceiling, but it's all good.   I don't know if I already said this, (Nope, pretty sure I would have remembered this.....) but while in Las Acacias (Arica) The most poisonous/deadly spider in northern Chile fell from the ceiling, onto my face while talking to some members.  Then it crawled into my shirt and I killed it.  I didn’t get bit somehow, but it was terrifying."

"Elder P is new so he asks a lot of questions, but he just wants to be doing the right thing. He’s a worker though, which is good.  He just hit 2 months in the mission. (some of that was in the MTC)"

"The Fuenzalida Family (Estephany's family) threw me a birthday party before I left, which was a surprise.  They knew that it was almost my birthday and that they were going to miss it by a couple of weeks."

"This week was hard for me.  I have dreams of going to work and school and not being able to sleep at night and I love it.  To be honest we have TOO MUCH time to think here. You start doubting yourself at times. It's frustrating not being able to express all my ideas like I can in English." 






Bastian (Their investigator that was baptized on 2/22) and his brother Victor with Pierce 


Bastian, Elder McMullan and Victor 


The water was SUPER cold


Elders; McMullan, Contreras, Jarvis, ?, Pablo and Silvester.  (Pierce's District in Arica) 


Elder J with Pierce





Each book is 6 weeks worth of planning 


Pierce with Estephany (who he baptized) her Grandma, little Sis and Niece


Fuenzalida Family threw Pierce an early surprise birthday party, since they were going to miss his bday!  


The sweet Fuenzalida Family (and Niko)  


They bought him gifts


"I am your father?"  :) 








    

No comments:

Post a Comment