Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Serving a Mission in Chile, Antofagasta for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Serving in the Chile, Antofagasta Mission

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Importance of Member Missionary Work! (And pics!)

Here's Elder McMullan's email from today:

"Pres. Dalton called me once he found out the surgery went good, so that was cool!" 


"Man, I get so down sometimes because I really want to help the people out. This past week,  like all the promising people pretty much said they don’t want us to come by anymore... which is like well.....BAH, dang it!   Then we find people, but they just don’t....care? I guess that’s the word or they don’t understand truly the importance of it all. "

"This guy we talked to, did say something pretty wise, well obvious really. He just said  "honestly, I’m not interested at this moment.  I don’t feel the need to go to church and  do stuff, but if I ever do I know where to find you. I know you guys are good and do commitments and stuff, but I won’t complete them unless I have the desire..,. Which I currently don’t have. I Just want ´people to WANT to do things you know? " 

 "Honestly it’s easier I think, for members to find people, then pass references to the missionaries.  People most likely will listen to their friends before the missionaries.   It’s really better that way.  But eh, nothing I’m not used to." 


"Hows everything up in the northern hemisphere?"






"Cake with a topping of truth"

"Hieroglyphics on a mountain " 



"A Cotton plant/tree"



"Me picking cotton"



"Us doing service a couple of weeks ago" 





"We rock..., and WAY TOO MANY PEACE SIGNS"




"Elder J as the hunchback from young Frankenstein"


"Sushi and the cake we made"


"I took a seed from the cotton plant and planted it next to Elder J's little plant thin.  We didn't look at it for like 4 days and it exploded with life and now he's mad because we believe that its killing his plant (I think its funny, didn't expect the thing to grow)"




View from Elder Pakar's apartment


No comments:

Post a Comment