It's been getting cold in Chile! Elder McMullan expressed his concern for the members in his ward. There is a huge problem there with the people getting offended by other members. VERY VERY easily. The Missionaries also don't get a lot of support from the members, which is a little disheartening.
The email today was a little down. He says he's doing fine, not to worry. He really is happy, just sad for those that won't help themselves.
The Chileans are glued to their T.V while the World cup is going on in Brazil! Here is their reaction to their win over Spain! http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/19/world-cup-chile-party-santiagoSantiago Chileans reaction
Excerpts from Today's email:
"You gotta look up Chileans at the world cup..., they’re
nuts! They
have been destroying cars, buildings and burning things. Today they play Holland, so I might just get attacked."
"I can’t wait to be a member and do missionary work. We
(the missionaries) can’t really help people out in many ways here, so it gets
pretty disheartening. The members understand how important it is,
but they don’t do it. For example…, you know the family that we
helped build their house? They are Inactive again, and they don’t want to come back.
The husband is already smoking and drinking again. They need support from
the ward."
" I care about these people. I really want
to help them. I get down sometimes because I see people doing bad things
ALL THE TIME, that they know they shouldn't do, but they don't stop.
They don’t do the small things to fix it. It's hard to watch. "God is a God of miracles." I get that and all, but people are also lazy. It's the motivating them to WANT to change."
The Elders have been able to help this amazing family!
This is Claudio and Karen's family. From left to
right: Karen's mom, Brian(7) Karen with Emilly, Justin (4) Claudio, me, Kevin
(15) and Elder Osorio
All of us with the beanies on you made us. (They love them)
Elder McMullan demonstrating the uniform of the Jehovah Witnesses' there in Chile. (That's just Pierce being his crazy self)
The Mountains surrounding Vallenar after the rain.
The return of "Misty Mountain!"
Beautiful Chilean Sunset
A Star War type drawing Elder McMullan drew.
Great tasting Pizza! (Apparently it's hard to get there)
Homemade Cinnamon rolls Elder McMullan and Elder Osorio made. YUM!
After the rain. Looks like they haven't been able to fix the leak in the roof. :( The new paint job looks great though!!
Panoramic after the rain........
This is painted on the side of a school. Pathetic..... :(
No comments:
Post a Comment